Did you know that a nutrition diet for a patient with diabetes is a lot different than a normal diet? And most diabetics are looking at their diet completely wrong. If you would like to begin to reverse diabetes and eventually cure it, you need to look at your diet in completely different way. Let me explain!
Your diet was most likely the cause of your diabetes. And your diet can also help you cure diabetes completely. Unfortunately, pharmaceutical companies and doctors have brain washed us into thinking that insulin is the only cure for Type 2 Diabetes!
Here is a Diabetes Remedy and Nutritional Plan you might want to consider!
A Diabetes Remedy in Kansas
Diabetics in Lawerence, Kansas are curing diabetes with the help from Dr. Vernon. Dr. Vernon has been in the headlines lately because of our cutting edge research with diabetes. On study that will help diabetics better understand their nutrition diet is from Greenland.
Prior to the 1980s, Greenland Eskimos had the lowest prevalence of both heart disease and diabetes. Why? One 25 year study found that only one in about 2,000 people monitored developed diabetes. This is astonishing considering that 1 in 10 Americans struggle with diabetes! So what are they doing so differently?
What did the study conclude? The Eskimos nutritional diet was almost entirely fat and protein with only about 3 percent carbohydrates. The average American diet is completely the opposite. Here are some tips to start your alternative treatment for diabetes.
A Diabetes Remedy that Works
Diabetes will only be reversed or cured if you begin to take your diet seriously. With that said, your body can manufacture new cells that accept insulin with a diet which is centered on healthy living. Here are some tips to begin a nutrition diet for diabetics.
1. Increase the amount of fiber you eat. One way of doing this is by eating fruits which are lower in sugar like oranges and apples. Fruits are typically complex carbohydrates which will boost your overall health with minerals and essential vitamins.
2. Another way to increase your fiber is vegetables. Vegetables are high in water soluble fiber and low in sugar and simple carbohydrates. You should eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day or more.
3. You should avoid all simple carbohydrates which are in all sweets, cakes, and junk foods. The only carbohydrates you should eat are complex carbohydrates which are in fruits and vegetables. Because the body converts carbohydrates to sugar, this makes perfect sense!
4. Losing weight is extremely important if you are a diabetic. You should drink plenty of water to help you shed those extra pounds. Most hunger pains are actually thirst pains (your brain cannot tell the difference).
5. You should get plenty of protein from meats, dairy and nuts. Make sure your diary intake is fat-free or skim. Lean meats should always be chosen over red meats. Keeping a low fat, high protein diet will help you lose weight.
6. You should also get plenty of potassium. Potassium can be found in nuts, tomatoes, melons, bananas, potatoes, apple cider vinegar and wheat products.